Generally speaking, Louisiana law allows both parents to have custody or other rights to their children after a divorce or separation. Therefore, there is a chance that your former partner will be in your life long after your romantic relationship with that person...
- A toxic divorce may leave a lasting impression on children
- Are you eligible to receive spousal support after your divorce?
- Managing custody when one parent has substance use disorder
- How to help someone who is suffering from domestic abuse
- What is a domiciliary parent and how does the court identify this person?